There is a lot going on in the marketing world. Back in the good old days all you really had to worry about was placing a yellow page ad and having a brochure. A few years ago you added a website to that mix. Now you have Facebook, Twitter, email marketing, Search Engine Optimization, blogs and more. It can all be a bit overwhelming. Wondering where to begin? We are glad you asked.
We’ve put together a series of blogs to help guide you through some current marketing strategies that, when done well, can attract more customers to your business. Who doesn’t want that?
In this blog, we’re going to answer the following questions:
- What’s outbound marketing?
- What’s inbound marketing?
- What are the benefits of using inbound marketing strategies for your business?
We like to use a dating analogy when talking about marketing strategies.
Let’s say, for example, that you are on the market to meet Mr. or Miss Right.
“Outbound marketing” is like placing a personal ad:
- You are blasting out information about yourself hoping, “finger’s crossed”, someone likes it, responds and takes the next step.
- You schedule your first date
- Your eyes meet from across the room and hopefully it’s all champagne and roses from there.
Outbound marketing includes yellow page ads, print advertising, billboard displays, signage etc. You have a short window of time to really make a good impression on someone and hopefully catch their attention. You lay it all out there and hope a potential client responds and takes the next step to contact you. This is often expensive and a waiting game.
Inbound marketing is a bit different. There is more strategy involved. Instead of just blasting out content, you are trying to attract the “right” kind of attention and engage potential clients. It is not just a one way street anymore where you list things about yourself; it is a conversation.
Let’s return to the dating analogy:
- You go to an event and chat with someone.
- You try and find out more about them. What are their interests, what are they looking for?
- You determine what you have in common and discuss the benefits of teaming up to reach each others personal goals – aka a first date!
At EPIC Creative, we strive to provide you with personal, professional service that will help you turn those first dates into second, third and fourth dates by way of inbound marketing strategies– creating long-lasting relationships between you and your customers. Give us a call at 717-620-9804 or message us here to get the conversation started!